Monday, August 3, 2009

The Great Debaters

I can't stop thinking about the movie "The Great Debaters" that my parents and I watched lastnight. Not only did I love the movie, but I had loved the fact that I watched it with my parents and had a little bonding time together (my sister was in her room and left us with her giant panda as her substitute). I was thinking I should blog about it after the movie ended but it ended up being too late already.

The movie is based on a true story, in the end they even show real pictures of the actual people. I don't feel like explaining the movie right now (I'm never good at that) but here's the website: www.thegreatdebatersmovie.com

But I must say the actors were all so good and talented.. wow. There was even a point that made me want to cry. It doesn't have all the action as Transformers does, so I'm sure some people would probably be bored to death when watching it. But if you're like me who enjoys all the witty and heartfelt debates etc., this is the film to watch. My Dad loved this movie and it was actual his second time watching it with us. My Mom liked it too and I know she didn't fall asleep because she made comments throught the whole movie (so typical of her to do so) plus Denzel Washington's in this movie (he also directed it) and Oprah is the producer. Go watch it! :)



"Maybe I don't want to be just your friend. Maybe it HURTS me to be just your friend!"

1 comments:

Clarisse said...

well sorry sis, cuz thats the way it will be! you and me will be "just friends"! ahhaha ;P

PS. that movie was good? gosh darn it! i should have watched too! :(