Thursday, September 3, 2009

Camping @ Miquelon Lake '09

Our family, Jeff, and the Espinosa family (good friends of ours) got back from camping at Miquelon Lake on Sunday night. We spent a fun weekend there, and you can see we really enjoy camping because we just went camping 2 weeks ago at Elk Island National Park. :D

It was awesome. The weather was super hot- perfect beach weather. There are a lot of pictures we took, but here are a few :)

Mom & Dad copying the pose of the statues... this is the only place we took a picture in the city of Camrose, Alberta.


Our lovely tent where we slept at night.


Watching the sunset at the Beach.


Hehe.. the broken bench was a perfect spot for a picture! And no, I did not break it. :D

FOOD! There was so much food during our trip dinner, breakfast, lunch, and merienda- more than this picture shows. And it was so good because everything was roasted or "BBQ-ed" haha. One of the things I love most about the Espinosas is that they enjoy good food , and so do I. Haha. :)

Our new beloved air mattress! We just bought this the day before leaving so we've never used it before. And what a difference it made. Compared to our last camping trip, this time I didn't want to wake up earlier, I still wanted to sleep because it was so nice sleeping on it! XD


Camping wouldnt be complete without an open fire. We roasted corn, cheese hotdogs, marshmallows, and made smores. The pictures here were taken from night and the morning after. We stayed up roasting hotdogs and watching the stars, all the while listening to music. Thanks DJ Jerico... haha ;)

Like our other camping trip, we picked saskatoon berries again! They were just growing along the trails. :)


Jerico caught these cute dragonflies, and gave me one to hold. But of course we let them go after this picture was taken. We probably gave them a heart attack, but they survived and flew away :)

I took this picture when everyone else was talking their naps beside the beach.. haha.. it's the only picture taken from the other camera!

I saved the best for last, especially because it was taken by yours truly... that's why I'm not in the picture.. hehe.. ;)

I love camping. And I love the company of awesome people while camping. There are more photos but just check my facebook for the rest. The roasted marshmallow, tents, bonfire under the stars, and picnics... I miss it all already! I can't wait for next summer! Until then... ;)

"What I like about camping is you can get really dirty. Either you're all by yourself, so no one else sees you, or everyone you're with is just as dirty as you are, so nobody cares." ~Anonymous

<3

2 comments:

Punky Porca said...

Wow glad that you had fun camping! :) I cannot say the same thing in camping here lol I have experienced one and I didn't like it hahaha maybe because we're sleeping on a tent on the side of the mountain? and I can feel the rocks beneath me hehehe

charmaine said...

We had an air mattress kasi kaya it was very comfortable, and the weather was nice that night. Enjoy nga din si Mom & Dad. May camping din pala dyan? I didn't know that. Don't worry when you come here, we'll go camping kahit one night lang siguro so that you can experience it our way. :)