Friday, September 4, 2009

Ferrero Rocher

Doesn't "Ferrero Rocher" sound like a car's name or something? But no it's actually a chocolate brand, in fact it's my favorite one!

I just found out that the makers of Ferrero Rocher also made Tic Tac and Nutella (the chocolate spread which I also love!). The sweets consist of a whole roasted hazelnut encased in a thin wafer shell filled with hazelnut cream and covered in milk chocolate and chopped hazelnuts and walnuts. It's individually wrapped in a beautiful gold wrapper, and placed in nice boxes. They are very famous here for gift giving during the holiday seasons. Some even use it for their weddings, here are some examples:



The reason why I'm blogging about this right now is that I'm craving chocolate, particularly this one. I usually have this weird chocolate craving whenever I pms. And I don't know if it's related but it's raining outside so maybe that makes my crave stronger? I can't help it if I got a sweet tooth! Haha.

I'm reminiscing to that time (I think one month ago?) when I received 2 boxes of Ferrero Rocher (32 in total!) from a good friend of mine (thank you!!). Lucky me! Being the good sister that I am, I gave my sister 4 pieces... then continued on to eat the rest of the 2 boxes in only 24 hours time! I probably beat a World Record or something. As you can probably imagine I was VERY sugar high after eating them. I calculated it and I ate more than 6000 calories with just the chocolates. Haha! Here are pictures from that glorious moment:



I don't know when or if I'll ever get to eat that much Ferrero Rochers in one sitting. Especially because they are so expensive- one of the most expensive chocolates around. But yes I really enjoyed that maybe-once-in-a-lifetime experience. Now you know what one of the things that make my heart melt and my taste buds satisfied. It's very divine. And my craving continues! Until we meet again Ferrero Rocher! I love you! ;D

"Little Balls of Heaven - Ferrero Rocher"

<3

0 comments: